2806ICT/7806ICT Celanese Report & Reflective Learning Journal - 2806ICT/7806ICT Assignment Help

This two-piece assignment relates to your ITIL Celanese report (12%) & reflective learning journal (8%); in total worth 20%.

Preamble:

You are to understand and analyse the Celanese case regarding their IT Service Management (ITSM) in 2001-2008 and to write your reflective learning journal (in Weeks 1 to 5). Your 1,500- 2,000 word report needs to address the following two components:

  • Understanding & analysis on the Celanese case (in 2001-2008), and
  • Reflective learning journal (Weeks 1-5).

To do:

  1. Understanding & analysis. Your task is to present your understanding & analysis on the Celanese case.
  1. In IT service at Celanese, find any TWO (2) processes and TWO (2) functions that fall into Service Operation or Service Strategy phases of ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library). Briefly describe their goals or roles in ITIL.
  2. An important underlying theme in ITIL is that there must be an integrated approach to service management with no silos (see Week 2 slides). Therefore, effective communication and integration are paramount to the success of any ITSM. Give your opinions whether the processes and functions, which you’ve mentioned above, at Celanese had effective communication and integration among themselves and with other processes and functions in IT service at Celanese. Backup your answer by referring to the case study (i.e., what evidence is present in the case study to support your opinions).
  3. Using ITSM and in particular the ITIL as a framework, discuss why you believe these (your positive/negative opinions above) exist. You need to briefly mention how the best practices in those phases, processes and/or functions are the contributing factors (for your positive opinions), or can help to improve the IT service at Celanese (for your negative opinions).
  4. The Operations Support Model (OSM) was one of the three main initiatives undertaken by the ITIL taskforce following the HP assessment and recommendation in 2007. Describe briefly the RACI model adopted in the OSM.
  5. Analyse why while the Infrastructure group experienced many benefits of the OSM, other groups, in particular the Application group, deemed it overly complex and unnecessarily ‘bureaucratic’.
  6. In Weeks 2 to 3, you have been asked to conduct some research on the web to find and identify an ITSM software tool which you assess to be ITIL compliant and that you believe could be useful for Celanese to use in order to improve some aspect of the organisation such as workflow or management of IT services. Describe its potential benefits to Celanese with respect to overcoming some of the key issues (e.g., lack of cost transparency and communication, etc.) mentioned in the case study.

 

       2. Reflective learning journal. Your genuine, authentic, honest and a detailed reflection on your learning, where the focus is on you, and only your learning experiences from Weeks 1 to 5.

Order Now