ITC506 Topics in Information Technology Ethics - Assessment Item 4
ITC506 Topics in Information Technology Ethics - Assessment Item 4 - Applying Ethical Theory
Assessment items 3 & 4 are linked. In Assessment 3 you created a simple argument visualisation using the MindMup software. In Assessment 4 you will produce a report which details the argument you constructed in your argument visualisation (Assessment 3).
Follow the instructions given below to complete the task.
- Write a report based on your argument visualisation created in Assessment 3 and the media article or case study you selected in Assessment 3. Use the title of the article/ case study as the title of your essay, so that the lecturer knows which article you are analysing.
- Undertake further research about your chosen case and the ethical issue involved, to assist you in analysing and discussing it in your report.
- Analyse the ethical issue applying the classical ethical theories, including utilitarianism, deontology, contract, and virtue. Your report should present well-reasoned arguments, logically leading to appropriate recommendations.
- You should not introduce new arguments in your essay that were not contained in your argument visualisation, and your essay should contain all of the arguments contained in your visualisation.
- Write an overall conclusion that justifies your recommendations made in your report.
- Include a Reference list at the end of your work, using the correct APA referencing style, corresponding to in-text citations. The word limit for the essay is 1500 words +/-10%. Headings, citations, references and appendices do not count towards the word limit, but quotations do.